Fundraising in Hinckley
Fundraising Events in Hinckley.
At Essentials we want to be more than ‘just a business’ and try to ‘give back’ to the community we are a part of. We get a huge number of requests for Gift Vouchers for local group raffles and try to help as many as we can, but in addition, we also organise our own events.
Below are details and results of some of the fundraising activities we’ve organised.
Thank you to Rachel for donating the hamper again this year, to raise funds for Cats In Need – thanks to your generosity we raised £165 to help feed and care for stray and unwanted cats in the area
On behalf of Sure Start Children’s Centre and all our families we would like to thank Essentials and your kind customers for donating all the Easter Eggs! We have been very busy being the Easter Bunny this afternoon and the children who have received an egg so far have been delighted! We have attached a photo of one of the Easter Bunnies, thanks again,
Our usual Christmas raffle for the hamper raised over £150 for Cats In Need. Thank you to Rachel for the hamper and to everyone who bought the tickets.
October 2016 Charity Day
On the 23rd October 2016 Pat had owned the salon for 10 years (where did the time go!?)
So, on Saturday 22nd October we held a Grand Charity Day where all the proceeds raised were donated to two Charities – A Gift to Lift and Adapt. In total £789.50 was raised which was made up to £800, hence each charity received £400.
Reduced price treatments were available on the day, as well as drinks and cakes, and a raffle.
Thank you to all who supported the day by coming for treatments, baking cakes for us – or buying them :-), or donating / buying raffle prizes – we were grateful to the following businesses for donating raffle prizes for us:
- Martin & Co – www.martinco.com/estate–agents–and–letting–agents/branch/hinckley
- Marmalade Merangue – www.marmalademeringue.co.uk
- Tina’s Sweet Dreams – www.facebook.com/tinassweetdreams
- TC Cakes – www.triked.demon.co.uk
- Ivan Lawrence Hypnotherapy – www.ivanlawrencehypnotherapy.co.uk/
- The Independent Mortgage Centre – www.theindependentmortgagecentre.com/
- Busy Fingers – www.busyfingerscrafts.net
- Just cuts – www.facebook.com/JustCutsHairdressers
- Swagbox – www.facebook.com/Swagbox–The–Gift–Shop
- Aspire – www.vintage–vogue.org/aspire–and–haybarn–hinckley–store.php
- North WIltshire Carpets – www.north–wilshire–carpets.co.uk
- Hubbard’s Toy Cupboard – www.hubbardstoycupboard.co.uk
- Tinx Hairdressers – www.tinxsalon.co.uk
- Mike B’s Security – www.mikebsecurity.com
- The Copyshop – www.copyshophinckley.co.uk
- The Pottery Shed – www.potterytreasures.co.uk
- Husse Pet products – www.petfoodleicestershire.co.uk
- LWS Training Services –
- Franclaire Fabrics – www.franclaire.co.uk
- The Yoga Loft – www.facebook.com/yogaloftburbage
- Learn to Meditate in Leicestershire –
- The Bakewell Tart – www.facebook.com/The–Bake–Well–Tart–198744683497306
Our Easter egg collection this year was again shared between Rainbow’s Hospice and Hinckley Surestart. We were forwarded a lovely note from one of the families who benefited saying just how grateful they were and happy that the children were able to have a visit from the Easter Bunny
As usual we held our raffle of the Christmas hamper to raise funds for local cat rescue group, Cats In Need, which raised over £100 This year’s winner was Lisa M. Thank you to all our lovely clients who bought tickets and to Rachel for donating the hamper again.
This year, we again helped out with a charity wax, this time Lee Cheshire was the willing volunteer, raising almost £400 for Sarcoma UK Cancer Charity.
There were several of Lee’s friends who were willing to pay to remove a strip of wax too!
Another successful year of collecting almost 80 Easter eggs resulted in both Hinckley Surestart and Hinckley Foodbank being able to receive and distribute Easter eggs to children who otherwise might not have had a visit from the ‘Easter Bunny’!
Raffle tickets available for our annual raffle for the Christmas hamper in aid of Cats In Need, kindly donated by Rachel Jepson. Tickets £1 each.
We raised £72 this year. Thank you to those who took part.
Charity Day Saturday 9th August 2014
On the 9th August we held a Charity Day at Essentials when all profits from the day will be donated to good causes. £10 Treatments available. Come and join us for fun, mini treatments, competitions, nibbles and more…
Choose from the following at £10 each: Scalp, hand and arm massage Foot soak, scrub and mini massage Hand scrub and aromawax massage Nail shape & polish (fingers or toes) Freshen Up facial Eyelash tint (requires patch test at least 24hrs prior to treatment)
We will be donating profits of these treatments to local Charity ‘Abbies Hideaway’ supporting families with children with cancer & leukaemia
**PLUS** We already have two willing victims… I mean Volunteers… Raising money for their own choice of Charity, but we could help up to 2 more!
2 ‘brave’ gents, Shaun Walsh from Syncreon (raising funds for the Fetal Medicine
Centre -Birmingham Women’s Hospital) and the other, Craig Sparrow from Xact Display solutions, (also raising funds for Abbies Hideaway) are being sponsored for having full body waxing (arms, legs, back & chest).
We did the waxing for free and the sponsor money raised went to their chosen charity. We know Craig raised about £250, but unfortunately Shaun did not let us know the final amount he raised.
Following on from the success of our Easter egg collection last year, we have organised another one for 2014, this time to be divided between Rainbows Hospice and Hinckley SureStart.
Thank you to everyone who helped us and brought in Easter eggs – we had a total of 76 ‘eggs’ (plus a few bags of mini ‘eggs’, etc). Some were taken over to Rainbows Hospice in Loughborough, and the others were collected from the salon by Jenny of SureStart ready to be distributed out to local families.
As usual we are holding a raffle for a large Christmas Hamper, in aid of Hinckley & Nuneaton Cats In Need, helping to care for stray and unwanted animals this festive season. The tickets are just £1 each, available at reception.
Thank you to all those who bought tickets, £145 was raised – Sue was the lucky winner, pictured collecting her hamper on Christmas Eve.
Charity Parachute Jump August 2013
We’re not quite sure exactly how we agreed to this, but Pat and Stacy agreed to do a charity tandem parachute jump on 30th August 2013 – despite the fact Pat is scared of heights and doesn’t much like flying as she’s travel sick!!
Thank you to all those who sponsored us and paid – we raised £515 in total which will be shared between the Charities as requested by the sponsors.
We asked our clients via emails and Facebook posts which Charities they would prefer us to support and the votes went to Leicestershire Air Ambulance and Bamboozle Theatre group. Bamboozle provides creative and innovative learning experiences for children with special needs and shares its methodology with teachers and educators.
If you are unable to get into the salon but would still like to donate, then please use the ‘donate’ button below. If you are a UK tax payer then please leave your name and address in the message box in order that the Charities can reclaim the tax through Gift Aid, and, if you have a preference for which Charity the donation goes to, then please state that too.
Many thanks for helping to support these worthwhile Charities!
Easter Egg Collection for Hinckley Homestart, 2013
As Easter approaches we would like to spare a though for those who are less well off and try to help children who wouldn’t otherwise recieve many ‘treats’ at Easter. We have organised an Easter Egg collection which will be given to Hinckley Homestart to be distributed to needy children.
As a ‘thank you’ for helping us anyone who donates an Easter Egg to our collection will have their details entered into a prize draw to win a free treatment at Essentials.
Thank you to our wonderful clients who have supported us again and donated eggs. We were able to take just over 50 Easter eggs on Thursday to Hinckley Homestart and already have about another 20 waiting to go. We will continue to collect the eggs until Saturday 30th March.
Pamper & Gift Event in aid of ‘Archie’s Voice’ – Sunday 30th September 2012
At Hinckley Golf Club, Leicester Road, Hinckley, 1 -6 pm.
Thank you to everyone who supported this event. In total £760.00 was raised for the charity and we’ve had some great feedback from both stand holders and visitors.
See Amanda’s response following this event (Amanda is Archie’s mum) Amanda’s ‘thank you’
Join us for an afternoon of real pampering and treats!
Come and try a selection of treatments either completely free of charge or for a small charge. All profits will be donated to ‘Archie’s Voice’
In addition, you can purchase gift and treats from other businesses which are joining us for the afternoon or buy a raffle ticket and possibly win one of the great prizes on offer!
Tickets cost £6 in advance (available from Essentials and the Golf Club) or £7.50 on the day. Cost includes some taster treatments and one entry into a separate ‘door’ prize draw for a Gift Voucher for Essentials.
Take a look below to see a selection of the treatments on offer, the gift stalls which are available and some of the raffle prizes which will be available …
- Facials, Eye & Nail Treatments, Massage and reflexology by Essentials
- Hair treatments by Sonique Hair
- Makeover (makeup, hair ‘put up’s’ and photograph) Photography by Rebecca Dawes
Stalls giving you the chance to purchase:
- Jewellery & scarves/ pashminas by Simply Accessories
- Gift items for the home by Jacques Designs
- Cakes by The Smiling Cake Lady
- Massage Candles, body and facial products by Essentials
- Bag charms, hairslides, watches by The Bag Charm Lady
- Hair products by Sonique Hair
- ‘Beautiful Brow’ kits by Essentials
- Hand knitted items
- Hand made cards by Waxscapes
- Pictures by Winstar art
- Forever Living products
- Information about Hypnotherapy
Raffle Prizes, including:
- Leisure flight for 2 or flying lesson for 1 person
- Bottle of champagne donated by RSB Burbage (x2)
- ‘Smart car’ valet donated by Autosheen
- Free membership & 4 free classes donated by Rosemary Conley Diet & Exercise, West Leics.
- Meal for 2 donated by the ‘Marina’ Hinckley
- Advertisement in the ‘Roundabout’ magazine, donated by ‘Roundabout’
- £20 voucher for the Balti Raj restaurant
- £25 worth of Eve Taylor products donated by Dalkard Elliott carpets & curtains
- Meal for 4 at the Harvester restaurant, 3 Pots
- Free Paper crafting class donated by Stampin’ Up
- Prize donated by ActionCOACH
- Bottle of champagne donated by Martin & Co Letting Agents
- Sri Lankan gift donated by Loud & Clear Voice coaching
- Garden fork donated by Go Fixings
- Teddy & pet toys donated by Hollycroft veterinary surgery
- Sunday lunch for 2 donated by Hinckley Golf Club
- £20 voucher donated by Easy Laundry
- plus prize donated from each of the stands at the event.